Tuesday 2 April 2013

American Dreamin'- G.O.O.D Music










Regardless of what you might think, I am a lover of rap music. There are lots of good rap artistes who sometimes travel mainstream but when they decide to put out real lyrics, they put it down GOOD. I have for you there the songs American Dreamin' by Jay Z, All Falls Down by Kanye West and Around My Way (Freedom ain't free) by Lupe Fiasco. American popular culture as I've mentioned other times in my blog series is useful way to say to the American people that there are some American notions that are flawed like the perception of happiness and freedom and how do we attain such. I think these songs help to reevaluate ourselves as a people and as a nation.They prove that music is similar to a normal speech that challenges even the very so-called sacrosanct ways that rule our life. I urge you to listen to melodious poetry and find yourselves in the discourse of the constitution of the American dream.

#PREACH

No comments:

Post a Comment