Friday 22 February 2013

American media - Tv Tricks


LOL how absurd ^^^
The above picture is part of a  Black History Month advertisement, a clip from the show Kim Possible (a show which used to be aired on Disney Channel - when Disney was still good). The boy in the top right hand corner mouthing "That's Racist" of course isn't apart of the ad but I just found out hilarious, hehe.

The picture should speak for itself. I'm just going to mention a few words. I'm not sure if that picture is meant to be intentional and I will not accuse Disney Channel for putting that intentionally in their ad. Disney Channel is by no means racist but truth be told, that picture is provocative with her looking like a hungry Cavewoman. I wonder why they didn't change the ad (assuming that they saw the final product). I figure they didn't take it as seriously as some persons would. Either way, I'll just make an important point and say that American media in popular culture has a way of reworking images to make things seem a little different from what they are and is sometimes seemed as deceptive...ya think? It's an art to manipulate images to show to a wide audience. hmm

lol Made ya look

No comments:

Post a Comment